I am an experienced retreat leader, workshop facilitator, liturgist, preacher/homilist, writer, clinician, and activist. I am excited about sharing what I’ve learned over the years and recognize that I still have much to learn. I have presented on a variety of topics including trans spirituality, LGBT justice issues, clinical advocacy, borderland theology, self-care, ways to engage diversity and inclusion, intersectional justice and liberation, and how to help make congregations more welcoming and celebratory of LGBT people. I have also explored how to embody allyship and live into accomplicehood in different contexts (both in solidarity with minoritized communities and within minoritized communities). You are welcome to checkout my LinkedIn profile for more information on back professional background.
I have spoken at several conferences and have had the opportunity to preach for different communities including but not limited to…
- Organizations such as: DignityUSA, Call To Action, Soulforce, ACLU of Florida, United Campus Ministry, YES Institute, and Equality Ohio
- Unitarian Universalist Congregation’s in Arkansas, Minnesota, Maryland, and Washington, DC. I was recently named a community minister for the UU Fellowship of Athens, Ohio. I have also preached for First United Methodist Church in Palo Alto, CA and Bethany United Methodist Church in San Francisco, CA.
- Schools such as: Carlos Albizu University’s Counseling Program, Nova Southeastern University’s Mental Health Program, Barry University’s School of Social Work, Hocking College, University of Florida, Shawnee State University, Marshall University, and Ohio University.
- I had the honor to be one of the inaugural speakers for tedx Strouds Run: Sacred TRANSgressions
As a writer, I have been involved with…
- Coauthor of “Becoming an HIV and AIDS Competent Church: Prophetic Witness and Compassionate Action,” Presbyterian Church USA (2010)
- Coauthor of “Religion and Spirituality” in Trans Bodies, Trans Selves (Oxford University Press, 2014)
- Contributor to “Believe Out Loud” blog (2014-2017)
- Contributor to “Sunshine Faith” blog (2014-2015)
- Contributor to “Young Adult Catholics” blog (2014-2017)
- Main author for “La Lucha, Mi Pulpito” blog
- Creator and columnist for “Query A Queer” (The Post) (2015-2019)
- Author of “An Encounter at Guadalu2pe” in OtherWise Christian 2: Stories of Resistance (OtherWise Engaged Publishing, 2020)
- Author of “Queering Trauma and Resilience, Appalachian Style!” in Storytelling in Queer Appalachia: Imagining and Writing the “Unspeakable” Other (West Virginia University Press, 2020)
- Contributor to DignityUSA’s “Breath of the Spirit” (2020 to present)
I have had the opportunity to guest lecture and/or teach courses such as…
- Social Work
- Communication and Media Studies
- Spanish Language and Literature
- Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
- Athletics and Campus Recreation
- Higher Education
- Education (elementary and middle school)
- Classics and World Religion
If I can be of help in facilitating a workshop, teaching a class or guest lecturing, need someone to preach or lead a reflection, need help brainstorming how to live into celebratory inclusivity, and/or be part of a conversation/panel/event, please feel free to contact me any time. I can share in English, Español, and Spanglish. ¡Estoy a la orden!