I am an experienced retreat leader, workshop facilitator, writer, and clinician. I have presented on a variety of topics including trans spirituality, lgbt justice issues, clinical advocacy, borderland theology, and how to help make congregations more welcoming of LGBT people. In my current position as Director of Ohio University’s LGBT Center, I have facilitated discussions for OU’s various campuses and community partners on how to embody allyship in different contexts (classroom, academic departments, campus offices)…while also expanding our current safe zone curriculum to include advocacy within communities of color, intersections of faith and sexuality, and suicide awareness and allyship.
- DignityUSA’s bi-annual convention (2013)
- Call To Action’s annual conference (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Carlos Albizu University’s Counseling Program (2010)
- Nova Southeastern University’s Mental Health Program (2010)
- Join the Impact Massachusetts’ conference (2011)
- Barry University School of Social Work’s Annual Conference (2012)
- Unitarian Universalist Congregation’s in Arkansas, Minnesota, Maryland, and Washington, DC.
- University of Florida (2010 – ACLU of Florida’s Adoption Campaign)
- YES Institute (2002-2012)
- Soulforce (2007-2013)
I am co-author of the religion chapter in the upcoming book, Trans Bodies Trans Selves. I also a contributor to Believe Out Loud’s blog and a past contributor to Sunshine Faith.
If I can be of help in facilitating a workshop, brainstorming how to live into celebratory inclusivity, or be part of a conversation/panel/event, please feel free to contact me any time. Estoy a la orden y estamos junt@s en la lucha.